Saturday, June 18, 2005

chit-chat and this and that.

Ok. I’ve something specific to say, but im not sure how to express this so I shall ramble first…!

You know, on my holiday, I had the most satisfying conversations early in the morning with my hostess. She, my sister and I, would sit around the kitchen cupping our steaming mugs of coffee and slowly start talking about this and that. And it would invariably be totally engrossing, and we’d continue it into breakfast and chew over the subjects and toast slowly - until we saw the clock and got a jolt!

One of the things we talked about was this opportunity to have such comfortable conversations. For all of us, there were a lot of things we couldn’t share with many people we knew – that we were not so conventional, held some things important, were in certain kinds of environments considerably reduced the field of possible fellow chit-chatters! We used to talk about religion, women, politics, and different cultures… all the “sensitive”, potentially dynamite stuff with no hassle. It was a very gentle way of looking at things: you could step back and just take issues as they were and look at them without feeling defensive about your politics, or feeling like it was a judgment issue and you had to make loyalty stands and stuff… remarkable because she was a foreigner, and I have this “thing” about white skinned politics! shes one of those rare people who are white only on the outside – her politics are pretty golden brown :) shes a truly remarkable woman – she has seen so many things in life, and has had so many diverse experiences, its great to talk to her!

In a similar way, this blogging thing has been unexpectedly nice. All the things that im bursting to say but cannot, I say here. I find people are generally pretty open minded in the blogworld. Sure, they may disagree with every word being said somewhere, but they seem to listen and then shoot it down, which is great!

I must say so far my blog experience has been most pleasant. but now and then things threaten to get unpleasantly personal or aggressive. I understand I pick controversial topics to write on, and that we all have heaps to say on different things. Fights are welcome as long as theyre interesting to read (this is one of my worthless friends contribution!) and as long as they don’t hurt someone – whether its me or a person who comments here. I dislike fights strongly and am fed up of em in real life. So being a bossy thing, I-refuse-to-have-another-battle-on-my-hands-here! :d

(Sheesh. That disclaimer (or whatever you wanna call it) was worthy of a warranty manual!) Right. im done here. Beam me up Scotty.....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Vetti Guy said...

Will not be saying anything controversial anymore.Expect future comments from me to be along the lines of - 'Great post.Very sensitive and true.Keep up the good work.' :-)

12:23 am  
Blogger m. said...

this is the clearest i can be. if you STILL dont get what im driving at... suit yourself. i give up.

3:23 am  
Blogger M. said...

well i don't think disagreements should be taken personally. If your view is not in keeping with what has been said originally you are welcome to post your comment of course. But in that case isn't it rather clear that you are open to others having a say about what you have said?
So when these others put forth their views, defend your views that's all..:)

3:30 am  
Blogger Vetti Guy said...

@m.and misha,

Agree with what you people say.The problem is that since I dont know you personally, I have no idea if something I say could hurt you or end up being considered a healthy discussion point.The line between the two is very fine.

But one thing I would like to say is that it was never my intention to hurt anyone.All I wanted was to clarify my stand since it was hinted that I was trying to create a sensation by bringing in Azmi and Mother theresa etc. and rubbishing things in general.Which is not true at all.

8:53 pm  
Blogger m. said...

methinks i can speak for misha too in saying that neither of us cares much for conventional religion. we are both happy to pick and choose from whatever we see.

but some people take these issues very personally - like conversion and stuff. so all we want to do is avoid a situation where we have a vhp-rss type slanging match! its precisely because we dont know everyone personally that when we disagree we make it clinical and minus what people could perceive as "offensive" to their culture.

welcome back? :)

9:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's focus on the main point here - it's the sister presence that made the conversations so meaningful ;)

7:43 am  
Blogger m. said...

bah... blurry opportunist! :P :))

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Visit Greenpeace.org to help prevent environmental destruction.
Creative Commons License
This blog's content is protected. Whack this and you get whacked.