Thursday, December 30, 2004

Where were you?

scribble pad.

"Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of lifeand the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun"

- "Coming Back To Life" (Pink Floyd)

..... That's exactly how you feel when you discover the system has let you down. when the people you trusted let you down. (why wont they open their eyes and see the system for what it is??) but then you have to fight the system. so, if they make it necessary for you to fight them as well - so be it.

there are some days when you feel soooo incredibly tired and disillusioned. when you wish you could simply drop dead because it feels like all you've ever done is fight fight fight to stop this shadowy menacing thing.... thats when you listen to this song and come back soaring- reborn and ready to fight.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tobacconist said...

you echoed my sentiments on this post. been blog hopping my way to this. nice reads.

the last 6 months have often left me disillusioned about the world that we live in. it takes a lot to "go out and fight". there are days i wanna give everything up and start something that is relevant and humane. every passing day takes me closer to the brink of making that transition.

floyd helps. helps a lot. something in those lyrics that keeps you going. listen to "When The Tigers broke free". That is an amazing song. "Wish you were here" always leaves me nostalgic. There is magic in those lyrics. I guess you know that more than I do.

Keep blogging.

Sanketh

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Visit Greenpeace.org to help prevent environmental destruction.
Creative Commons License
This blog's content is protected. Whack this and you get whacked.